So I'm trying not to freak out that I have about two months left before baby is here. My neighbor asked me yesterday if I had gotten to the point in pregnancy where I just wanted to be done. NO! I feel like I just realized I'm pregnant! Actually life has been on fast forward so much, now that I have a moment to stop, relax, and ponder my brain goes into panic AGH!!!!!! Are we ready, am I ready, is the freezer full, are the base boards washed, is the doctor really going to listen to me, are our vacation plans secured, am I crazy for thinking I can conquer San Diego for a week with a new baby. Have I under estimated baby gear - I DON'T HAVE A PLASTIC BABY TUB YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BREATH BREATH BREATH...
So it goes without saying that nesting has kicked into over drive,(along with other heightened neurotic behavior). We hired a handy man to help us in our preparation endeavors who painted our yucky blue bathroom and Hannah's room-(I decided on cream...you just can't go wrong with cream, it's actually called down feather :). We have also enlisted the help of Grandpa Green while he's in town. He helped me get the supplies we need to tile our bathroom and is going to help Jared put it in. Jared ripped out the carpet/pad and tack board and old tile last night after he got home from work, went out with the missionaries, helped me put the kids in bed, and played basketball. He's pretty awesome. We've been having many late nights.
I've just realized I have no white onesies-HELLO how could I have forgotten about white onesies.
I did pick up a very cute stroller car seat on Craigslist pink and brown with white cherry blossoms LOVE IT! The women threw in a cute bouncy chair too. SCORE! AHHHHH the crowd goes wild!!!!!!!
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
When I was at the end of my pregnancy with Andrew, I made Joel mop the bathroom floors every single Saturday morning. This was funny because we never even used that bathroom. We still laugh about that. The nesting instinct can sure be strong!
haahahahahahaha. You'll never be ready anyway, so don't let yourself stress out about it. :) All you need in the beginning are blankets and onesies anyhow!
Melanie, when I had Christoper we thought he was a girl. I didn't hav anything blue, at ALL!
You will be fine!
You are cute though and I am really glad to see someone else nesting instead of me. hee hee.
Ok I am a little jealous.
Thanks for all the support! I'd love to hear more of your nesting experiences. :) I love how incredibly patient and cooperative husbands are. So sweet. I will never tire of hearing the story of Christophers arrival! It's by far my favorite delivery story ever.
Post a Comment