I love Google-or I should say I love the capability of "googling". I can instantly find out the life cycle of a butterfly with multi media examples to show the kids, identify a strange bug or snake, current interest rates, news, hairstyles- In fact I once phonemically googled a sound that my dryer was making to find out what was wrong with it. It WORKED! I was able to order a part and directions on how to fix it. Pretty Cool. We all love google right?
Hannah wanted to to google who would win the Steelers game last weekend so she could ruin the game for Uncle Sean. A girl after my own heart really... I explained it was a live game and we couldn't google the outcome because the outcome was unknown-it hadn't occurred yet. "Ohhhhh". It was interesting to me that she had this misconception about the computer information highway,(as we called it back in the day).
Last night during scripture study we were reading in Matthew when Christ is speaking to the Apostles before he sends them out and is relaying to them how much the Lord loves them, and he knows every hair we have and the amount of time we will have here on this earth, we shouldn't fear death-but rather fear damnation. Hannah asked if God loved her more than I did, and if I loved God more than them.
Nope can't google the answer to that...
I began to explain that it's difficult to comprehend Gods love, it is too great-and as a parent I feel like I get an idea of how much he loves me and them because of how much love I feel and have for them as there mother. The more I love God, the more I show my love and appreciation for Him, the better mom I am and the more love I can show to them. As far as me loving God more than them- Well... If they chose to go down a path of unrighteousness-I would love them but I could not support it, or follow it. If they stole something, I would feel bad that they were scared to return it-but returning it and making amends is the right thing to do. We should always do what is right.
Noah totally called me out-"Mom your not really answering the question".
So I explained again that our love for the Lord and commitment to do what is right should always take precedent over our feelings for another person. It doesn't mean we don't love that person-but yes we love the Lord more and know that it's more important to follow him then follow someone we love down a wrong path. (Key Star Wars music here) Then I brought up the point in Star Wars where Padmae tells Anakin she can not go down the path he has chosen....
That seemed to satisfy them. It was kinda a hard question to answer. I'm slightly curious as to what Google would say... Lets give it a try...
Nope my answer was way better.
I feel slightly irreverent comparing Google to the Holy Spirit-but the funny thought just occured to me that the Holy Spirit is kinda like our own personal Google. When we need help answering a difficult question, need guidance as to how to solve a problem, words of comfort in times of need, the Spirit guides us in a very personal way. I'm so grateful for that.
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That is a tough question to answer in a way that they will understand. I never like to say it but sometimes it is just true..."someday you will understand" There are things you can't understand till you have grown up some.
Sounds like you did a very good job at it.
Sometimes I think it would be nice for the promptings to be as easy or as quick to get as googling! :)
I think you did a good job too. (for whatever that is worth)
I really like to read your blog. You have a way with words. You are good at expressing yourself and also telling an intriguing story.
That is an interesting explaination of google. I love it. You have cute kids. Tell them I love them and miss them lots. I love you guys.
my word was erilg, maybe I should google it...:)
Post a Comment