Whoever made up the mantra 8 is great sure knew what they were talking about. Noah's life just went from fun to super duper fun.
He was baptized yesterday and I was afraid that because he was coming home from a cub camp that maybe everything would be rushed, he would be tired and the event may end up feeling uneventful. That wasn't the case at all. Noah came home very excited for his baptism, got cleaned up, put his suit on and was anxious to go with an impenetrable smile and tired eyes. The conversation in those moments before we arrived consisted of "Are we going to be late? Are we going to be late?" "No Noah, we are right on time." and whether or not he should plug his nose. We had very nice opening exercises, and when it came time for Noah's baptism he was confident and ready.
As I sat there watching he and Jared in the font I was filled with gratitude. The gospel of Jesus Christ has brought me so many blessings, so much happiness, so many opportunities. Watching my children grow up in the gospel, being prepared for baptism and receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost at such a young age is...well...nothiong short of absolutely wonderful. Noah has such a love for the scriptures, and an intuitive understanding of the gospel.
After he was baptized and he and Jared were changing Bradeigh became very entertaining, and I just sat there and watched her. At moments I thought I should get her, I shouldn't let her walk all over the room, dance in front of the baptismal font doors run from cousin to cousin, but I was just enjoying myself to much-and the time needed to be filled somehow-and I didn't want to be the one filling it, so I was happy to defer to my one year olds antics.
When Jared and Noah returned, Jared, Kelly and Grandpa Green confirmed Noah and he received the Gift of the Holy Ghost. He sat their grinning from ear to ear. He told me later he was trying not to smile so much but that just made him smile more. I told him it was just fine to smile-it was a great moment. I think he felt like in was irreverent to sit there grinning during the blessing. Jared conducted as a member of our wards bishopric and officially welcomed Noah in as the newest member of the Picture Rocks Ward. He offered remarks and bore his testimony of the gospel. Again my heart was so full. I just kept thinking-that wonderful man is my husband.
Afterwards Grandma Green gave Noah the traditional blanket representing the warmth and comfort of the Holy Ghost. It was soft and red and Noah loved it. We took some family pictures and headed home for dinner and visiting.
It was a wonderful day, and has been an amazing month for Noah. Eight is truly great!
Sunday, June 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment