Tuesday, March 24, 2009

No Baby

I'd like to crawl in a hole right now. Just complete isolation until I have the baby. Well that's not completely true- I really enjoy the company of Hannah and Noah. No pressure just sweet kids who enjoy cuddling and reading to me, and love the simplest of surprises like fresh strawberries in their lunch.

It's been a rough week. But it shouldn't be.

Saturday night we had contractions into the morning- we called my parents to come over and hang out with us while I labored. I labored all day at home until Jared made me go to the hospital. I tried to explain they weren't transitional labor contractions yet. Though they were regular I could still function just fine. We went to the hospital anyway, spent three hours in triage where though my contractions went from 2-4 minutes apart then increased to 45 seconds apart until they subsided and didn't dilate my cervix any more. Still at a 5 and 80% effaced.

Had an appointment yesterday where the NP said she couldn't believe they didn't keep me and break my water. Jared agreed. I'm at a 6 now and 80%. She feels like the baby will drop and come right out.

Which is slightly concerning, especially for Jared. I feel so bad for him. I would like to just let things happen let my body do the work the way it knows how. I'm sure I don't have membranes of steel. I don't think I want to deliver in the car though either.

I keep trying to relax and enjoy this time, appreciating my bodies ability to do so much work without discomfort and allow me lots of rest time in between nights. Thank you body. I keep feeling like if I were just having this baby at home it sure would relieve a lot of stress.

Most of the frustration stems from feeling like I'm not doing enough to get baby here in a convenient time frame. Jared had his patients this week rescheduled after our little hospital visit. Now when I wake up in the morning I feel the pressure on. Am I having contractions? Are they strong? Well not really. On one hand it's nice to have your husband think you have an amazing pain tolerance on the other hand I know what I'm feeling, or should I say what I'm not feeling- on the other hand I can totally understand Jared's position.

So-no baby yet, the clock is ticking, soon I'm sure we will have news soon.

5 comments:

Judy said...

We women in the family totally understand the dilemna of bringing our babies into the world. They come when they want to, I imagine it is hard for them to leave their cozy nest! We love you and are thinking about you.

dhillman said...

I am so glad I didn't read your post before I called--or maybe I should have? I didn't help with that isolation thing by calling, sorry about that. But then again it was a nice visit so I will just hope the phone call did as I intended!
Jared will enjoy his time with you and the kids, baby or no, so...no wasted time there. This will be a nice transition into the new family dynamics.
We will get more specific with our prayers like I told you!

Whitney said...

Just wsnting to let you know we are thining of you. It's a strange time but will end soon.

Whitney said...

wanting..thinking!!! Now that was strange...

Emili said...

Hang in there!! We sure love you Mel, I'll keep you in my prayers. :)