Thursday, March 19, 2009

I just love anticipation...

It's been a funny two weeks. I have learned 4cm and 60% effaced means nothing...Nothing but a freakish ability to stay on top of laundry, dishes, dusting, mopping, cabinet oiling, baseboard washing, freezer and pantry packing. Our food storage is better than ever.

Fun stuff this week: Kids are on spring break, and fortunately find washing the cabinets and swiffering the floor "fun" stuff. They're so awesome. :) My dad gave us a ton of maple cabinets that we have since installed in our garage. Love them!!! Love organizing them!!!

Yesterday contractions woke me up at about 2:30am, lasted for about an hour or so- in which Jared and I did a load of laundry, made our bed up for the lucky person we may be calling at the wee hour- then went back to bed as the contractions subsided. Well, I went back to bed Jared stayed up and finished an online medical education thing and went back to bed around 5:00am. Poor guy. Woke up at 7:00am to more contractions-called Dr at 8:30am to only be referred to hospital triage.

I didn't want to go to the hospital yet-I just wanted the Dr. to check me out-so I proceeded to cry, then got it together, told Jared to go to work- I would call him once I figured out where I was. I drove to the hospital where I learned I would be charged $300 if I didn't get admitted after they poked and prodded me so I decided to leave and pay my Dr. a visit. $300 is a pretty nice post baby wardrobe, besides I have already payed my Dr. alot of money to take care of my prenatal and delivery care. Hmmm poked and prodded for three hours- nice shopping trip after baby... I was able to be seen at my Dr. office and learned that I am now at a 5 and 70% effaced- but not ready to be admitted to the hospital.

Came home took a nap, cleaned the garage, played outside with the kids, made dinner and slept like a baby all night long, awaking this morning feeling great with no contractions at all.

Hmmm. The body is truly an amazing thing. I usually feel so in tune. I feel like I'm totally out of the picture on this one. My body and baby are making there own plans which apparently include keeping me in the dark and in total suspense :) Poor Jared, every morning and evening he looks at me with such a hopeful expression as he says "Let's have this baby." It's almost enough for me to induce. Almost.

Well, I'm off to dust some bookshelves. The kids are playing Cooking Mama on the Wii. Hopefully the next post will have some fun pictures of our expanded family. :)

2 comments:

Colbert said...

So sorry, hang in there you can't be pregnant forever. Look at the bright side you are already over half way there. We will keep checking for the new photos, and don't make us wait for perfect pictures.

Whitney said...

That is so frustrating but it WILL happen. Just keep working, you'll be so glad so much got done. Can't wait to see pictures. Are thoughts are with you!