So I've a read a couple interesting books in the new year.
Hugh Hewitts book about Mitt Romney- A Mormon in the White House
Pretty good book. I enjoyed reading about Mitt Romney's life and family, the Olympics, but snoozed through the chapter or was it chapters devoted to his term as govenor.
Lehi in the Wilderness
Good read, enjoyed the pictures. Helped me visualize Lehi's family's trek and undertakings after leaving Jerusalem. I also enjoyed reading about the authors experiences exploring the Middle East wilderness.
Beating the High Cost of Eating by Barbara Salsbury
Eh-Don't waste your time. If you can borrow it-skip to chapter 10 and glance over the appendix. The first nine chapters are about advertising gimmicks-nothing new there.
The last few chapters and appendix basically encourage you to meal plan around ads, and tips how to stretch your budget. I have friends who have knocked a good $40.00 off thier grocery bill using some of the strategies. Buy house brands, shop ads, stock up on good deals, have a pantry and freezer. That's it in a nutshell.
I have a confession to make...
I've never read a Jane Austen book. Loved the movies based on her books. So I have a nice anthology of her work sitting by my bed.
-Mel
Monday, February 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Have you ever been on goodreads.com? It is a place where you can organize and share your reviews. My SIL's told me about it, so I signed up. I think I have 4-5 books on there! Although, mine have all been fiction lately--good for you to be learning something too.
Sounds like you a fun time on your hike. It was THE PERFECT day for a hike on Saturday. Kelly and I enjoyed ours immensly. I am still a little sore, but not as bad as I thought I would be on Sunday eve when it began to settle in. We have an enrichment hiking group that just started, our second hike is going to be on thursday this week. That should be great fun as well.
I'll have to check that out. Thanks for sharing. What a fun idea for enrichment. Keep me posted on what hikes you like the best.
Post a Comment