HELLO SUMMER!!!!!!!! Summer is a wonderful season in our household. I try and pack in as much as I possibly can. In fact I'd have to say I probably go a little overboard in this area. I just can't help myself. So many memories to make, activities we just don't have time for during the school year, and of course my opportunity to make sure my kiddos are up to speed where I feel the school years academics may have been lacking. So we kicked off the summer with an early Memorial Day BBQ at the Weber's, Cub Camp, Swim Meet, Saxon 7/6 and 8/7, Voyage of the Dawn Treader, Hatchet, Number The Stars, US Geography, two sleep overs, and a pizza party. Within this time frame our oven caught on fire, (faulty heating element which Jared in his handiness ordered a part and fixed.) I was also called to be the Bear leader- I love getting to work with Noah and all his friends. Side note....I really miss my Primary class and said goodbye today to all my wonderful 4 year olds. I did not cry as I gave each of them a hug and explained they would have a new teacher, and needed to be very good for her. I was pretty proud of myself for not tearing up seeing as how my emotions have been all over the place. Which brings me to my next exciting summer event. We are expecting! Yep! If you are one of the few that read this blog you are the first to know (with your fellow readers) that I am pregnant. We are only a few weeks along but are excited for the news and think February is a wonderful time to bring a new little one into our home.
Swim Team! I always enjoy it so much more the morning after 5-7 hour meets are brutal. Which is why 1 I got a babysitter for this one because Jared was working and 2 we only go to two of them. One down one more to go :)
2 comments:
What a Great start to summer-- And a big Congratulations!
Congratulations! How very exciting! Sounds like your summer is off to a great start. Hannah's hair is adorable. I love it. It makes me think about going short again. Much cooler for summertime. She is one smart girl.
Post a Comment