Monday, February 28, 2011

February




















What a great month! Febuary is a fun time for Tucson. The Gem Show, Daddy Daughter Dance, Matchplay, The Rodeo, Arizona's birthday and of course the crazy weather. In fact, I don't think another month can quite characterize Tucson any better. I feel like I need to some how attach my camera to my head then I would be able to capture EVERYTHING. But as it stands my picture taking is hit and miss unless I schedule it in. I arrived late for sacrament on the Sunday it snowed. A good friend of mine asked if I took a side route to take pictures of the snowy desert. NO-I was trying to get us all to church and failed to do so in a timely manner that morning. I wish I would have been able to get us all out the door and had time to take the long route to church to take scenic pictures too. 9:00 am has been a little bit of an adjustment from our 1:00pm time last year. :)


So what did we do this month...

I was able to go to a photography workshop for a few hours, while Jared stayed home and watched Bradeigh.



I finished reading Three Cups of Tea, which I thought was okay. Truth be told, the first half of the book drove me crazy, and the second half I found really interesting. It didn't feel as inspirational as I thought it would.


Jared and Hannah attended the 3rd annual daddy daughter dance. So cute to watch them get all dressed up. LOVE IT. Noah, Bradeigh and I had a fun ice cream date.


I bought a really cool text book from the Arizona Historical Society- The Arizona Story. It's part of the 4th grade curriculum. Hannah had it home while she was sick, and I was really impressed.


I became very active in opposing the proposed 20 day extended school calendar. It's been a while since that part of me has been ignited. I was nervous about whether or not I would be able to articulate my concerns and frustrations in such a public setting...yea...not a problem. In fact I'd say I leaned a little to far to the confrontational side of things. It's been a great experience working with women who I admire and respect, and knowing how much power we have to make a difference in our community.


Rodeo weekend was so much fun. We had Zane over and Hannah's friend Grace for the weekend. We went to the zoo, made pizza, watched movies and went to a Marana rodeo event.


I have never been to a rodeo event, and I have to say it was disturbingly entertaining-or should I say it was entertaining because it was disturbing...Either way, it was fun.


Yee HAW for February!








No comments: