Saturday, October 3, 2009

Hannah's Nine! She's a little older and I'm a little wiser.












My sweet Hannah! I love my girl. I'm proud of the young lady she is. I wanted to blog about all the uniquely wonderful things my daughter is-but have had such a silly day that has brought much wisdom my way, and have decided to share that tonight. I will say we had a great time on Thursday having family over to help celebrate Hannah's birthday. Hannah loves her family-her aunts and uncles, grand parents and cousins. We are blessed to have so many wonderful family members. Both my side of the family and Jareds shows us so much love. I hope they all feel how much we love and appreciate them.

Today-we had an interesting day-it began great with conference. We watched the morning session together. Afterward Hannah's two BFF's arrived and we left for a special birthday lunch at the Chantilly Tea Room. First bit of wisdom learned- What I thought would be a lady like lunch and a memorable occasion turned into an expensive uneaten lunch(except for Hannah's)and an unhappy baby to boot.(Though Bradeigh seemed to enjoy the davenshire cream I offered her in hopes of quieting her down-lets hope she doesn't develop a dairy allergy...) I kept thinking the whole time that I could have thrown a better "tea party" luncheon and used our pretty china at a fraction of the cost-and would have been better prepared for finicky eaters. Lesson learned. Oh well. The girls did have fun.

Then off to the play-Ramona Quimbly...Started out well-then all of a sudden the Dad loses his job starts smoking again, the mom "unshackles" herself from the stove and gets a job while the aunt has a shot gun wedding and the narrator asks if it's fair that some people have money while others do not. Really....Really!!!!!! Did I mention they all go out to eat at Whopperland because they needed a "break" and were sick of eating tongue. Second bit of wisdom-* Note to self -make sure you know what the play will be like before subjecting impressionable minds to it...

We dropped the girls off, and came home in time to see the boys off to priesthood session. Hannah and I curled up with Bradeigh on the bed and watched the afternoon session of conference that we missed. This was my favorite part of the day. I loved the talks so much and felt so uplifted. Which brings me to my third bit of wisdom-don't plan any other activities on conference weekend. They will be a waste of time and money.

The boys returned home and we all had a great time discussing conference. I love my family so much. I love the gospel. I am grateful the Lord has given us a prophet, I am grateful for the restored gospel. I am grateful for the lessons learned despite wishing I hadn't needed to learn them in the first place.

1 comment:

dhillman said...

fun pictures! learning is what we are here for!