Sunday, May 31, 2009

Days 2,3 in Wonderful SanDiego













Hannah took this picture. She positioned us and everything!
















Can you guess what Hannah is catching?




Day 2 was Marathon day-really it was our first full day in San Diego and we wanted to make the most of it. We started out going to Point Loma to see Cabrillo National Monument. It was really neat-the view was amazing. We stopped at the military cemetery and the kids helped to re stake flags that had fallen down. Noah thought it was pretty cool that the scouts got to put flags up. We then went to the USS Midway-an aircraft carrier turned museum, so fun! We went to Old Town-the Mormon Battalion museum was closed, but we had a great time walking around the historic sites. At some point we drove over the Coronado Bridge in attempt to have some beach time but it was so busy and parking was scarce so we just drove around the town admiring the homes. I'm a little disappointed we didn't make it to the beach-but it didn't get above 65 degrees most of the time. I was FREEZING.

3 comments:

Katherine said...

I love the picture of you and Jared. What is Hannah catching, a butterfly?

dhillman said...

So glad you had a good time--but no doubt--it was SAN DIEGO! hello! Definately one of my favorite places.

Sorena said...

That looks like a great trip! I love the photo taken by Hannah too! She is going to be a great photographer.
I love San Diego and Sea World.