Saturday, November 29, 2008

Shoot em' up!

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Hannah and Noah especially enjoyed themselves. We spent Thanksgiving day with my family, had our traditional turkey dinner(YUM!)and spent the evening playing games. It was stormy most of the day which made it feel so seasonal. A treat here in AZ. Friday we headed out to shoot guns with the Hillmans, Snells, and Greens, and let the kids play on their go-kart/sand rail. They had a blast. Here are a few pics.





Noah and Oliver testing the boundaries of speed.

Uncle Kelly helping Noah not to shoot his fingers off.

Something about this seems so unnatural...

Cute Tyler ready to goooooooooooooooooooo!
Asher and Caleb... Caleb looks pretty chillin...

Tyler and Rhys
Here's me...Don't I look like an authentic woman of the west... Don't let the picture fool you-I'm pretty sure if it came down to my hunting abilities we would be living off of prickly pear and mesquite beans. I'm really more of the gathering type.
Jared on the other hand would make sure we didn't starve. :)


Ethan is a great shot. No starving for the Snell family... They have two great hunters!





Uncle Dan helping Hannah. After the first shot she reloaded and shot again by herself. You go Hannah!


Is it me or does she look a little to natural holding that gun?


Well it was a fun day despite holding my bladder for four hours. (Which is a great feat when your pregnant). I drank a liter of water on our way out NOT THINKING about the absence of a toilet, and just have not mastered the outdoor thing. It was fun seeing the uncles bond with the niece and nephews over firearms, and watching the kids peel donuts in the dust. Can't wait for next year!


-Mel

5 comments:

Alisa said...

I love the theme music!

Great black & white pics!

dhillman said...

Thanks for sharing the dune buggy, the boys loved that. It was fun to see you all on Friday

Me said...

You got some great pictures of the desert adventure. Thanks for sharing. It looks like it was a great time had by all.

Sorena said...

WOW! That looks like lots of fun. Chris took Bubba shooting this year. When he asked me, I said,"NO." Then I decided that it was none of my business because I would always say no, to Bub, to, Chris, to anyone. So I told Bubba to work it out with his daddy, that I wasn't incharge of this. He is still reminding me that I am not the boss.

Sorena said...

p.s. I love the black and white photos.