Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Fire Weeds, Caterpillars, and My Beautiful Girl












In one more month my baby girl is turning eight,(and yes I actually still call her baby girl...like yesterday- "Baby girl come rinse your hair"... I'm glad she doesn't mind yet.) She is very excited about turning eight, and having the opportunity to get baptized. I wanted to take some pictures of her for a baptism announcement and had this idea of a meadow. So up we went bright and early Monday morning to Sonoita. Sonoita is very pretty. In fact if you ever want to explore the area there is a fantastic bakery and cafe run my a very friendly German couple.






We were all wearing sandals so the fire weeds were slightly painful to deal with- but we found these really cool caterpillars and at least ten different varieties of grasshoppers. I can only imagine what an amazing place it is during butterfly season. Hannah and Noah were thrilled.









About half of my vision came to life, but boy do I need work. I can't wait until I get to a point where my picture taking ability meets up with my vision... But we had a wonderful time on our little adventure and had so much fun playing with my family in Vail for the rest of the day.


7 comments:

Michael said...

Hannah looks cute. Is that a new white dress for her baptism? If you want to make announcements let me know. I know what you mean about vision, I have had it with my little camera. I think a nicer one is in order:)

Linette

Me said...

Those are really cute pictures. My family needs to get down to Sonoita and Patagonia. We have enjoyed our trips there before, a long time ago. I love my little camera except for the delay when you are taking a shot. My camera makes me look better than I really am. Those announcements will sure be cute.

Green Family Blog said...

I just bought her the dress- It will double as her baptism dress and Easter dress. So, I have to pause here...

The dress originally was around $120.00. I got it for $40.00. YIPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now $40.00 is still a pretty penny for a dress that won't last but a year. But it's big enough for her to wear this Easter too. (I'm going for cream and tan this year...)

As far as announcements, I was thinking of using the first pictures with all the info printed on the left side of the picture. Super easy, super inexpensive. Or somehow displaying the close up shots on the front opening the card up to the picture of her standing in the grass and have a sweet poem about butterflies in velum. That is so way over my head though. It's that whole vision bigger than my capabilities thing again. SO - If you have some amazingly brilliant and adorable papercraft idea please share- and if your willing to actually supervise and help me step by step through the entire process even better. :)

I really would like to go on a camping trip. I haven't been to Patagonia since I was a little girl. Maybe in November...

dhillman said...

Beautiful pics, Melanie. You could do something fun in digi too

Emili said...

I can't believe Hannah is already 8! She looks stunning, and your pics are (as usual) absolutely beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I liked the picture of Hannah on the chair which is the last one, best.I LOVE them all so dont get me wrong:]The dress is adorable! I cant berleive she is almost 8! i can remember when I first held her!................

Love Kat

Green Family Blog said...

I can remember the first time you held Asher! I took a picture. :) I can't believe how fast time goes by...