I'm in my third year as activities coordinator. 1st year- WOW! I get to plan parties!! How great is that! 2nd year- This is nice I know what I'm doing this year. 3rd year-Ugh...they want me to plan another activity. I really hate my attitude right now. So yesterday,(last Saturday) it was the pioneer breakfast activity. The alarm sounded at 5:30 and my grumbling began. I had forgotten cups, so as Jared drove out to the activity in a separate car (he had to work later that morning) I had some time to reflect on my poor attitude and ask for some help in the matter. I arrived to a lean showing of members-mainly the cooks and youth asked to help, but we ended up having a great showing. My spirits were lifted by the enthusiasm of others; their willingness and excitement to serve, and their energy and excitement to participate in the activities. All the children had a wonderful time. Despite my poor attitude the Lord had blessed our ward that morning. I felt my own prayers were answered as I left the activity feeling so uplifted.
Sunday, July 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Doing the same thing for 3 years can be very hard, especially a calling like that one. I am happy that it all turned out for the best for the ward and for you.
I found you through Jeanene's site. Tell Jared that Juli, Alisa's sister says hello!
Your boy looks just like Jared. Too cute!
I! It looked like so much fun! Hannah and Noah were so cute! Was the dress that Hannah wore theone I gave her??Well I will see you later!
-Kat
Sorry the I! was supposed to be Hi!
-Kat
Post a Comment