Well this has been a week of summertime fun. Hannah and Noah have been taking a Polynesian dance class from a young woman in our ward. They learned the New Zealand War Dance (Haka)-not sure of the spelling, and the Huekelaw-really not sure of the spelling. Friday we got together with the other families that participated in the class, had a BBQ and watched the kids perform. Let me just break here and express my gratitude for our ward. Maybe it's just that this is the first time that Jared and I have been in a ward for longer than a year, and have actually gotten to know people-but-we have a really great ward.
Video was supposed to go here...
Yesterday we went to the grand opening of our community library. I have been waiting for this for along time. Little Nanini just doesn't cut it as far as libraries go-especially considering the vast area and number of families it serves. Our library's namesake is Wheeler Taft Abbett Sr. who donated a million dollars for books. The library was made possible by both bonds and his donation. 

I was really touched at the ribbon cutting. We began with the scouts leading the community in the Pledge of Allegiance followed by a local minister offering a invocation ending in Jesus Christ's name. Of course that was followed by the usual speeches then the crowd sang happy birthday to Wheeler Taft Abbett. There was a huge crowd-at least a thousand people. We made our way through the library greeting ward members, neighbors,teachers and classmates. I'm such a sap that I'm getting teary eyed writing about it. I had to choke down emotion throughout the morning. The library is beautiful-the children's room is fantastic. The county is building what is supposed to be a beautiful park surrounding the library. I am so excited to have a library close! Our community just keeps getting better and better.
Hannah has completed her first sewing project! She made two pillows one for her and one for Noah. She has pretty much mastered bobbin loading and threading the needle. Noah was pretty excited when she surprised him with a pillow for his room. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment