Monday, May 19, 2008



The weekend began Friday night with a family date to the movie theatre to watch Prince Caspian. We all loved it. Noah gets so involved in the movie and it's still hard for him to separate himself from it. He needs to know what is going to happen and why it's happening-or why the characters are making the choices they are-and why don't they make a better-smarter choices etc... It's allot of "Shh-just watch...it's okay...you'll find out soon...."We had a good time discussing the movie afterward over dinner and pre-birthday dessert at Chili's. Noah was thrilled that he was sung to even if it was two full days before he actually turned six.

Saturday I began the morning with another photo shoot. That was fun! Hard to go wrong with super cute kids.


Then I was off with Hannah to her rehearsal. The theme for this year's dance recital was Lullaby on Broadway. This is Hannah's last year with this particular dance group. We are not sure if we want to continue. There is a ballet school that would give her more in the way of technique and provide her opportunities to perform in Nutcracker with a local professional company. We'll see... She loves piano and art-really wants to take up sewing. It's hard because though she loves dance, I'm not sure if it's as worthwhile a use of her time as some other things would be. We keep saying one more year... I think this was it though. Here are clips from her performance.









Sunday morning began with Noah bounding into our room grinning from ear to ear-"It's my birthday, it's my birthday!" Jared had already left for the morning but would be back around ten. So Noah would have to wait for his present. It was worth waiting for...



Now see, I have to admit I struggled with this. I originally wanted to go for the Leap Frog portable video game system. He would love it AND it's educational. Jared looked at me and said-"Well, does everything need to be educational? I think he would like the Game Boy more." I knew he was right. I convinced myself that there was something to be said about figuring out a game, developing strategy, unlocking mysteries. Probably because I'm reading Ender's Game... So I caved, and found a used one at Play n' Trade. SCORE! Here is what Noah thought:

That evening we had family over for dinner and cake to celebrate Noah's birthday. We had allot of fun, and Noah said it was even better than having a friend party.


I CAN'T BELIEVE HE IS 6!!!! I know he's going to start losing his beautiful teeth soon. That will be a sad day in the Green home... He has had a great year. He has loved kindergarten. He learned to read and ride a bike. He is constantly figuring out patterns in numbers and just about anything around him. He is a little swimmer and really wants to join the swim team this summer. He wants to practice swimming the length of a regulation size pool, to get ready for tryouts. We began last Friday. He does pretty good. I love to see his determination.

I began my morning today at 5:00am with a sunrise photo shoot, and Noah woke up with a fever and a cough... He has since broken his fever, Water Day is tomorrow at school, I'm sure he has been saying a fair amount of prayers. He was very dissapointed to miss Field Day today. Luckily he had his Game Boy to console him...

Hannah realized tonight that she can look through the Children's Song Book and can play. She began with Choose The Right Way. It was pretty neat to see her expression when she realized how much she could read and figure out. We were having FHE and were getting the words wrong, so she went and got the song book out. We began singing again and her whole face lit up and she said-"I wonder if I can play this?" and she did. She tried a few more some she was able to, others were to difficult. After that I looked for Primer level sheet music of Primary songs and found this http://www.laytonmusic.com/primary.htm. I received much thanks in the way of hugs and "Thank you mom! Thank you mom!" I then had to peel her away from the piano for bed.

I am tired...Time for bed.

-Mel

2 comments:

dhillman said...

Thanks for sharing the videos! At first I had to laugh at the ballet, not anything to do with Hannah, just that it was the circle of life song! :)
I am sad that the recital and seminary had to be on the same night, we would have had fun watching that in person. Noah defiantely looked happy about his game boy. I need to get my video camera out more. We did at first, but not so much anymore.
Thanks for sharing!

Me said...

Sorry we missed Hannah's recital. I am glad we got to see glimpses. She is so cute. She does well. We really enjoyed spending Noah's birthday with him. Thanks for having us over. The video is a great idea.