Saturday, May 24, 2008

Sick Kids and Cereal Bliss

Noah has been sick pretty much all week. He did make it to Water Day but missed the last two days of school and a couple parties. Yesterday, he slept for most of the day and didn't want to eat. I have to admit in a small way when the family gets sick it's not all bad-the upside is our schedule gets wiped clean. Nothing to do but sit around read, watch movies and get better. BUT I really hate it when they feel so bad they don't want to eat, and they start shrinking right before my eyes. Then I start to worry.



Last night I finally got out to do a little supplemental grocery shopping, and went a little crazy. I passed down the cereal aisle-and I got hooked. $1.77-$2.00 for cereal-I checked the ounces-everything seemed normal-then I put 7 boxes in my cart. My justification for bulk purchases are always-food storage. I'm not crazy, I'm being prepared. Noah was super happy this morning. In fact he lined all the boxes up on the counter to pick which one he would like this morning. Cookie Crisp won out. He is officially on the mend.



Cookie Crisp-I would have never bought that a few years ago. Funny how perspective can change over time.



Toy guns, sugar spiked cereal and video games-my 20 something self would not be so happy with my 30 something self. That's her problem, she had some growing up to do. I had this very conversation with my best friend I grew up with. We came to the conclusion that in actuality our teenage/twenty year old selves would be pretty impressed how it all turned out thus far.

Incidentally-I dedicate this song to my 20 something self- I still love The Cure...

-Mel

2 comments:

Me said...

I have to say I was little surprised myself to see that cereal lineup. Haha. It is amazing to me what little things can make our kids so excited. Yeah-cookies for breakfast. They really aren't that hard to please after all.

Michael said...

I can't believe you bought cookie crisp!!!