Well this week is a far cry from the last. I'm feeling like priorities are back in place and I'm in a process of regrouping. I decided that this Spring just does not have room for third semester Spanish. I dropped the class this weekend before the instructor replied to my email about schedule conflicts. His email was very nice and he offered to be really accommodating-but I had already dropped the class. Not sure how I feel about my impulse decision, but it sure has been nice having a clean house, and all the laundry done. This morning my walking partner and I had a run in with a creepy guy hanging out on our path. At first I thought maybe he was a high school student, then I realized it was to early for high school students to be waiting for the bus. (5:45am) Not to mention he was way to bold to be a kid. I didn't feel frightened at all. I had been so preoccupied with our conversation that our passing him and his comment about scaring us didn't even phase me. That's a problem. In retrospect it all freaks me out a bit. I've gotten comfortable and let my guard down. Sometimes I feel like my approach to life can get that way. Complacency in comfort. So... how do you enjoy the sailing when it's smooth and still be on guard for the storm ahead? I suppose by making sure our sails are in good repair and we have spares for those that will get tattered. Time to get better prepared.
Hannah's wish for the day- That Bailey would have a dog friend.
-Mel
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
If you see him again stay far away, and then report his strange behavior. There are way to many creeps out there. I remember when I was flashed at Walmart (I know sound funny) it made me realize how many crazies there are, living right by me. I think it toke me about a year and a half before I stopped having strange panic attacks at the store. To this day if I see a man in the store without a shopping chart I look to see what kinds of pants he has on. No joke, I know I'm the crazy.
Sorry about the spanish class. Is this path pretty public? You might want to change your route, just a bit for the next few days,just to be sure. It is good that you were with a partner!
The path we follow is really public, especially during daylight hours. However at 5:30 in the morning visibility is pretty much nonexistant. In fact if it hadn't been for the moonlight we wouldn't have seen him at all. I think I'm going to start an excercise class in the mornings until it's light out again. I remember you telling me of your experience Rebecca. You certainly are NOT crazy! I don't think you ever get over something like that. I'm usually so paranoid, it's not like me to be so off guard. In fact a few months ago I was walking by myself (daylight)and an older gentleman was standing in front of me a 50 yards away)with his dog staring at me looking really menacing. I stared him down, and puffed myself up as much as I could positioned my keys through my fingers ready to attack if need be- until we passed and he said with much annoyance, "Didn't you see that pack of coyotes. They were right in front of you." Apparently I had been so distracted by this mans presence that I had almost walked right into a bunch of coyotes. Though I have to say I'll take coyotes and javelina any day over encounters with strange men.
Post a Comment