Today started out just fabulous. WE SLEPT IN UNTIL 9:00! The kids had slept in too, we all must have been really tired. We skipped breakfast and went straight to yard work. The kids had backyard duty and Jared and I took to trimming the front. I quickly found that my idea of trimming was very different than Jareds when I turned around after hearing Jared holler out to find the lantana cut down to a nub. He explained that apparently the moist area under the lantana was the home of a cockroach colony. EWE! We cut all the lantana way back after that discovery. I keep reading that it's one of the most resilient plants you can have. Time will tell... I love yard work. I really do. There is something therapeutic and so gratifying about it.
I checked out the backyard and the kids did an amazing job. I was really taken back. Go Noah and Hannah. Though Hannah informed me that Noah only helped a little which sparked a sheepish grin from Noah as he replied "Well, I needed a little bit of a play break and then I just forgot to help again." Then Hannah piped in, "but that's okay he helped a little." Jared unwillingly took all the clippings to the dump where he found he needed cash that he didn't have, came home to get cash, to only have the suburban not start. After tinkering with it a bit he finally made his way to the dump and back. After so much mishap I began to feel bad I was so insistent about getting rid of all of it today. Then again I wasn't about to have it all sit in our front yard or our back just so Bailey could drag it all over creating another mess. I just wish it hadn't been such a chore. Meanwhile the kids and I bought tortillas from a La Villa restaurant for Christmas Day, made it back in time to pick up Jared after his adventure to the dump and catch a matinee of Enchanted. Then we headed over to my brothers home to spend the evening with his family and my parents walking through Winterhaven. Winterhaven is a neighborhood in central Tucson that holds a festival of lights each December. It was a lot of fun. I had to drag everyone there with the exception of Amy my sister in law who is always game for just about anything. I had to bribe my dad with promises of fresh bread for Christmas morning. I'm happy to report that they all seemed to have a good time. My mom was especially happy we all went. I'm so glad. Activities like that are always more fun when your sharing them with those you love. I am really looking forward to Sunday, a day for rest. Both the Bishop and First Counselor are out of town so Jared will be flying solo. No rest for the weary... Sometimes I think Jareds past life as a paramedic working three jobs and going to school was to prepare him for the non stop schedule he seems to have most days. He hardly bats an eye, and seems to thrive on the go. What's that rumbling... Jared has fallen asleep on the couch watching the news. I love him so much! Time for bed.
-Mel
Saturday, December 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment