Jared coming down the practice wall at Windy Point on Mt. Lemmon.
My friend Truc
Noah!!!


Bradeigh!!!



Me



Cutest Campers EVER- The Kay Family


We had a great time camping for a couple days on Mt. Lemmon with some friends. We camped at Mt. Bigelow this time which is not an official campground (so no fee :) ) but is used for camping all the time. Fire rings, logs a plenty and lots of flat surfaces for setting up camp. The kids of course had an amazing time. Noah had is buddy Brigham and his brothers to play ninja with for a full two days out in the forest. It was a great way to start out fall break and helped take the sting away from another year of skipping Mexico. I really need to find another warm beach with tide pools and affordable beach front homes to rent... Yea....



Me



Cutest Campers EVER- The Kay Family


We had a great time camping for a couple days on Mt. Lemmon with some friends. We camped at Mt. Bigelow this time which is not an official campground (so no fee :) ) but is used for camping all the time. Fire rings, logs a plenty and lots of flat surfaces for setting up camp. The kids of course had an amazing time. Noah had is buddy Brigham and his brothers to play ninja with for a full two days out in the forest. It was a great way to start out fall break and helped take the sting away from another year of skipping Mexico. I really need to find another warm beach with tide pools and affordable beach front homes to rent... Yea....
My friend Truc is an amazing woman-such an example to me. She is not outdoorsy-at all. She arrived in tears and full of anxiety. I wasn't sure she would make it through the night much less two nights. But she did-she was full of smiles and laughter, honestly she was the most graceful camper I have ever encountered, and managed to have herself and her family looking fresh and super cute the entire time. She went rappelling-something else she was terrified to do, and that ended up being her favorite part of the trip. It's pretty inspiring to watch how people persevere and conquer their fears and anxiety. Once she decided there was no wavering, she put on a smile and did it with all the confidence in the world. I want to apply that in my life. We each have our areas of comfort and ease and our areas of insecurity and fear. I need to wear a brighter smile as I tackle my mountains and laugh in the face of my greatest fears and know that Heavenly Father is holding my rope and the gospel of Jesus Christ has harnessed me safely to it.




1 comment:
This post made me cry! I love the way you wrote this. THANKS!
Post a Comment