Tuesday, February 17, 2009

To saturate or desaturate...that is the question.
















I just finished with another shoot-and it went so much better than what I anticipated. I'm super huge, which makes squatting, sitting/laying on the ground and running after toddlers slightly more difficult than under pre-pregnancy conditions AND it was a rainy day and I just wasn't in the mood. How is that for a run on sentence? But-it ended up being WAY fun! Here are a couple of my favorite shots. I'm in kind of in a desaturation mode right now. So what do you think? Do you like a touch of saturation or a dab of desaturation?

4 comments:

dhillman said...

I should not give my opinion, because I am always behind...but I will anyway! :) But that actually answers your question. I like the color, BUT desaturation is THE thing to do right now. That is IN so of course I won't do it till everyone has moved on to the next thing then suddenly I will be all...hey, what about toning things down a bit? Has anybody seen this? :)
Glad I could share the song though, I thought it was fun when I heard it.

Green Family Blog said...

I go back and forth- it's fun, but a little gimmicky- which means rather than the classic appeal of black and white or a really nice color photograph you end up with something that may end up looking cheap and outdated. That being said - I still am really attracted to it. Great thing about digital it's easy to offer 20 different versions of the same picture with pretty minimal effort. Just hard to choose the best one-especially when "best" can be such a subjective term. Thanks for weighing in Danette!

Sorena said...

I have to agree with Danette.
I like the full color too.

Emili said...

I like the color too. Desaturation can be cool though, but alas, I haven't played with photoshop ever so I'm pretty clueless. Hoping to know more about it soon though! I'm going to say you can't loose with these pics, they look cute either way.