Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Waiting...

Favorite pics of the week:





Things are moving along in the Green household. Hannah and Noah love school. Noah has had a great week so far. A Super Sport award, 100% on his Spelling test (+the three challenge words) and a note home praising his writing. Bike rides, swimming, play dates, birthday parties, piano and guitar have them very preoccupied when they are not in school. It's safe to say we are back on board the time warp machine that seems to turn days into hours and hours into minutes. Summer did not last nearly long enough for me.


We are about eight weeks pregnant now. We wanted to keep it to ourselves this time around but as "fate" would have it no such luck. So I'm trying to embrace it now with a positive attitude that all will be well and I won't have write another blog post explaining that we are no longer expecting.


We haven't told the kids yet, though they have been within earshot of conversations. I really don't want them to be disappointed again. I go between letting myself get super excited, and thinking that the pregnancy has already terminated. So now I just need to wait.


I can't believe how tired I am at the end of the day. I've been feeling queasy for quite some time now, but threw up for the first time yesterday-then I felt great. (To much information?) I'm one of "those" women who really love pregnancy. I've been pretty fortunate to have an easy go of it with both Hannah and Noah. I like the biology behind the miracle. It's all pretty fascinating to me.


I've been busy with family and photography shoots, and start school next week. Jared has been busy busy busy too, and now he has come down with a horrible cold.



3 comments:

the calders said...

Melanie,
I am so excited for you. I am also pregnant and it looks like I am due the same time as you. A little odd since we had Noah and Emily about the same time. I too am trying to be optimistic, having had previous problems. It is hard to stay positive, but I am constantly reminded by my wonderful husband to have faith.

Sarah Calder

Green Family Blog said...

Hi Sarah! Linette mentioned you were expecting too. How fun! It is tricky trying to prepare for unknown outcomes. I have come to the conclusion it's better to be positive and happy and bear the burden of dissapointment as it comes. I'm grateful for the example my husband sets too. Glad to hear from you. I look forward to hearing more exciting news about your family.

-Melanie

Malea said...

Hey Mel!

Look! I am actually leaving a comment! :)

There truly are few things as irritating and temper-inducing, as dealing with medical insurance and the bureaucracy that goes with it. I can't stand it when you have to spend a half hour filling out all the papers about your great-great grandmother and her blood type, and then you have to repeat it all when they finally come in to see you!

BUT, on a brighter note...YAY! You saw your little peanut! That is a great sign! Even as much as I dislike being pregnant, I still marvel at the science and miracle of it all, and still feel really lucky that I can have babies. :)

We have one more week until school for my kids, so I am living it up!

Talk to you soon!
Malea