.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
I really enjoy taking pictures and getting to know families. Okay- I LOVE IT! However-I know I really need work on the technical aspects of photography. There is so much to learn. There is so much I don't know. This is what becomes overwhelming for me. Each photo shoot I come away with a little more insight. Which is good-but should I be excepting $$ when I'm still gathering insight? Bottom line I think I would be able to sleep better the night before a shoot knowing that no money would exchange hands until the final product was approved and desired.

6 comments:
Those turned out so cute. Truc and her girls are so fun. She showed me the rest of the pictures that you took--you did a great job. Mitch and Mandy's family is so cute, it is hard to go wrong there.
I don't recognize one of the gals in the Moeller pictures. Who is that?
As far as your quandries go, I don't think it is wrong to charge for your time, like you said you are cheap, and they know that you are just starting out, so they know what they are getting into. If they can't find any pictures that they like you can give them a refund.
I know it is hard to figure it all out, I was doing that today with Truc, but your time is worth something and it takes some cash to get things going.
There is my two cents!
oh yeah, I was going to ask you...how did you get music on your blog?!
Dear Melanie,
Your pictures are lovely. And I believe that professional photographers, no matter how long they've been doing it, still are learning. I hope I am still learning in all areas of life as well. It helps to perfect your craft to be open to new perceptions and insights, don't you think?
love you,
Ellen
Thank you for your input and support. I really have amazing friends and family-which really are one in the same. It has been such a weepy week for me. I actually broke down in tears over Noah's fever, and over a journal entry that was left on top of Sombrero Peak. It was really sweet-I met a girl, I think she is the one, I hope next time I'm here I'll have been right. Cute-sweet-but worthy of tears...hmmmm. I'm getting weepy again... Point is, I don't know what I'd do without such supportive friends and family to encourage me in times of so much self doubt, and raging horomones. Thank You! I LOVE YOU!
-Mel
I love your pictures! Where did you learn photography? And what kind of camera do you have?
I have loved photography since I was a little girl spending hours going through my great grandmothers pictures dating back to the late 1800's. I have taken a couple photography classes-highschool and college. I have a Canon 40D. I started out with a Canon AE-1 (old school, but I loved it) then graduated to a Rebel, then film and processing were too expensive and I went with a point and shoot digital camera-Canon PowerShot A520, that made me really lazy with my settings. A friend asked me to photograph his brothers wedding- after I repeatedly told him and the couple not to expect much-I love taking pictures but I am no professional, and they still seemed eager I went ahead and accepted the job. Bought a better SLR digital camera,(canon40D) and had an amazing time reconnecting with one of my passions. The pictures turned out wonderful which really helped boost my confidence. I have found people don't care that I'm a novice-They are happy not to have to pay out the nose for pictures, and happier to get pictures that are natural and reflect who they are. I really don't like taking formal pictures-but I will, I need the practice. I love taking pictures of families at play-and couples laughing together. My ultimate goal in a photo shoot is to bring out the true self of the subject then be quick enough to capture it. Once you can get someones guard down the fun really begins... I have been really lucky to have recieved so much work by word of mouth. I just opened a business bank account which is pretty exciting! I can actually send invoices via e-mail and have my clients pay directly into my account. Isn't that cool! AND I figured out my blur problem-BAD lens. I took one of the lenses I've been using and gave it a closer look and yep-the glass is a warped in a few areas.(This was not a canon lens) I replaced it with my old Canon Rebel lens and poof problem solved. Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pretty long winded answer-but there it is.:)
-Mel
Post a Comment