Wednesday, April 16, 2008

HAWAII

We had an amazing time! Here are the highlights from our trip and how we spent our time away from home.

Three days of diving...


















*We were not diving with the humpback whale. A fellow diver stuck his face in the water and we handed him our camera.



Almost everyday afforded us whale watching. This female and her calf greeted us when we were on the dive boat. The picture above is her hanging out beneath our boat.




Gliding through canyons and over the sea.





Long drives to nowhere...





Enjoying the local talent and heritage...






Reflecting on our greatest blessings and privileges...




We had a great time! We miss the ocean, but are so glad to be home with Hannah and Noah. The cruise was fun despite the drunk, grumpy, and half naked Seniors that seemed to make up 80% of the ships patronage. Jared and I loved having breakfast, lunch and dinner together every day. While Jared was in class on the ship I was able to find a quiet corner of the ship and get lost in Persuasion. There are 495 pictures not show here...and hours of storytelling I'll spare you. If you would like to see more pictures of our adventures go to http://picasaweb.google.com/mel620/BestOfHawaii


Bottom line we had an AWESOME time, and we didn't DIE...


Aloha!


Mel


4 comments:

Colbert said...

Wow, looks like you had a great trip. I need to get your advice next time we buy a camera. I have a Canon SD700 that takes great pics, but has been erasing our photos... aaaagh. Hope you guys visit us sometime this next year. - Rand

Green Family Blog said...

Erasing pictures? YIKES! The underwater pictures were taken by a Canon Powershot that we have had for a few years. We just bought a digital SLR-The Canon 40D. It's great-but a bit of an investment. We are planning on a visit in July just after the fourth. Will you guys be around? Hope so, we would love to see you!

dhillman said...

Great pictures! I love the picture you took of the flag. I SOOO want to go! It was fun to see and hear about your trip when you got back. We are excited for you and so happy that you had a good time and that everything went well, after the flight got worked out, and that you are back ALIVE! I hope to share my own Hawaii photos someday...soon?

Alisa said...

What a fun trip! Beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing. I'm so glad you two were able to do that together. And I'm glad you didn't die. :)